We are excited to announce that BodyLife now works in partnership with Physio One Taringa to provide you with our highest quality of care.
Our physiotherapist treats all musculoskeletal conditions and has a special interest in Women’s Health. Musculoskeletal injuries can range from a joint sprain to chronic neck or back pain.
Who should attend an Initial Consultation or Clinic-Reformer classes?
– Our Clinic-Reformer classes, can be used as a rehabilitative tool (especially beneficial for conditions such as; chronic neck or lower back pain) or during a recovery period of surgical procedures. Current research within the industry suggests, that injury or pain, may affect the timing and activation of muscles and through re-training specific muscle groups, improvements in function can occur.
– An initial consultation with our physiotherapist is always recommended in pre-/post-partum population where it is important to have a full musculoskeletal assessment as modifications for regular group or “MaMa Pilates” classes may be necessary (especially during late second trimester onwards).
– Through all of our physiotherapy services we accept all Private Health Funds, DVA and Medicare/GP management plans. (Please note: An Initial Consult will be required, to fully assess your medical history, current physical ability and goals, you will then be able to book into Clinic-Reformer group exercise classes). Clinic-Reformer classes can also be claimed through your Health Fund, depending on your level of cover.
**Consultations and Clinic-Reformer classes are not included in studio memberships.
What is a Clinic-Reformer class?
Clinic-Reformer is a personalised exercise approach to treatment of the body. The pilates workout is completed with our musculoskeletal physiotherapist and therefore all initial sessions and Clinic-Reformer classes are available for Health Fund Rebates.
Common Women’s Health areas which we treat include –
- Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction – incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, vaginismus, pelvic pain
What does a Pelvic floor muscle examination involve?
Process of joining a Clinic-Reformer group class:
- Please book online via our website to be booked in for an “Initial consultation” via the “Book Physiotherapy Now” on your right, select Lissy Pullenvale and then choose your time. Currently Tuesday and Friday appointments are available. If your time isn’t available, please call studio 0455 378 286, as we will do our best to meet with you.
- Purchase Clinic-Reformer class packs via the BodyLife app or website via the Timetable page and book online.