- Waiver Form – You agree to sign a waiver form with BodyLife, which is agreed to when creating your MindBody account
- Cooling Off Period – You can cancel your membership with us up to 14 days from the date you commenced classes (for the avoidance of doubt the 14-day period commences from the day you complete your first session with BodyLife). This is only applicable to new membership agreements. If you cancel within the 14-day cooling off period, BodyLife will refund your money less any set-up fee or the value of any promotional item such as socks or a towel.
- Under 18yrs – People under the age of 18 are required to provide a certificate from a parent or legal guardian confirming approval to train with BodyLife.
- Your Health – You warrant that you are in good physical condition and you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not do active or passive exercise. You recognise that the fitness instructor(s) is not able to provide you with medical advice with regard to your fitness, and that this information is used as a guideline to the limitations of your ability to exercise. You agree to not hold any certified trainer or directors of BodyLife liable for any injury that may occur during a BodyLife session.
- Membership Payment – Membership fees are paid in advance, fortnightly, by direct debit from a bank account or credit card.
- Meeting Your Responsibilities – You must make sure:
a. Your account can accept direct debits
b. There is enough money in your account on the payment day you tell us if you are transferring or closing your account at least 72 hours before the next direct debit
c. You notify us to any changes to your credit card, such as its expiry date or number, at least 72 hours before your next debit
- Declined or Failed Payments – If you do not fully pay your fees on the due date, BodyLife will suspend access to BodyLife until any outstanding balance has been paid and you have given us your updated account details if they are required. BodyLife will continue to debit your nominated account without notice, until BodyLife have received the total amount you owe BodyLife. BodyLife will make a reasonable effort to advise you on the status of the failed payments by letting you know beforehand by phoning you and/or sending an email to address provided for membership/s in your name, you must make sure that the payment method you choose remain valid for the length of your agreement. This includes third-party accounts. If the details you give us fail, you are liable for all resulting fees. You should update your details and are obligated to complete your minimum term of payments.
- Can BodyLife Make Changes To Your Agreement? – BodyLife may sometimes add to, change or remove our terms and conditions. This includes changing the opening and closing hours, the BodyLife services and facilities and membership fees. Sometimes, BodyLife may also close for refurbishment to improve the facilities. If this substantially reduces our ability to provide our service to you, BodyLife will reduce your membership fees accordingly on a pro-rata basis. The most up-to-date terms and conditions always apply. BodyLife will give you at least 28 days’ notice of any changes. If BodyLife do not fulfil our obligations to you, you may be able to cancel your membership. Unless the law states otherwise, you won’t have any other claim against us if this happens.
- Can BodyLife Increase Your Fees? – BodyLife reserve the right to increase your fees only at any time after your agreement has ended. BodyLife will make a reasonable effort to tell you about this at least 28 days beforehand by writing to the address you last gave us (which may be an email address). BodyLife will consider that you have received our letter or email on the second business day after it is sent. Where BodyLife have made a reasonable effort to let you know about a fee increase, you authorise us to increase any debits from your nominated account.
- Suspensions and Cancellations – BodyLife understand that from time to time you may not be able to train due to holidays, rest periods, becoming sick or injured or wish to cancel your membership altogether. The following rules apply to suspensions and cancellations:
a. Memberships can be suspended at any time
b. Two-week minimum suspension
c. Six-week maximum suspension each year
d. Suspensions cannot be backdated
e. Pro-rata suspensions are not allowed (i.e. outside of the normal fortnightly billing cycle)
a. You can cancel at any time throughout your contract
b. Must provide 4 weeks’ notice on all contracts
c. $0 cancellation fee for “Foundation” Contract Membership
d. Other Contracts – 4 weeks’ notice +Cancellation fee: 50% of remainder contract value
e. Fee does NOT apply under the following circumstances: Sickness/Injury resulting in not being able to train for remainder of contract (must provide doctors/specialist certificate)
f. Student membership – available only if holding a student card
If you are booked into a class and you need to cancel as you can no longer attend that class, we require that you cancel by 8pm the night before for classes prior to 9am the next day. Any classes after 9am, a 3 hour cancellation window is available. This is to ensure all our members have a chance to book into popular classes. Late cancellation fees as follows $15 for Reformer, $10 Yoga, Barre, Matwork.
- Use of Your Image – You agree to allow BodyLife to take a video or photo to use for promotion purposes from time to time.
- Other Terms – Unless we receive a formal written issue with the terms and conditions outlined in this document, it is automatically assumed that you agree to the above.
Stepforth Publishing Pty Ltd
Trading as BodyLife
Level 1, 8 McCaskill Rd,
Pullenvale, Qld, 4069